In a forum post over on the game’s official website, user SEV2admin announced five co-op modes for Sniper Elite V2, and they all sound like fun! Kill Tally, a competitive co-op horde mode. Bombing Run, a stealth based mission. Overwatch, where you and a friend take turns providing cover from up on high. The co-op campaign, and finally one oddly listed only as “Multiplayer” with the description “2 player online co-op”. The four described modes have my trigger finger itching, while the mysterious fifth mode is doing the same to my brain.
As we promised – time to reveal a little bit more about the Co-Op multiplayer – let us know what you think!
• Multiplayer – 2 player online co-op:
• Kill Tally – As waves of enemies storm in players must race against the clock to eliminate as many as possible in order to achieve the highest possible kill count.
• Bombing Run – Gamers must escape a scheduled bombing run but the only getaway vehicle is broken. Before the bombs fall, the area must be searched for parts and fuel while remaining unseen.
• Overwatch – Players combine separate skillsets as a sniper and an operative and work in tandem to take out enemies.
• Campaign – Fans play through the single-player campaign with a friend.
These co-op modes, combined with the amazing “Kill Cam” feature and the much hyped “Kill Hitler” day one DLC are stacking the odds for Rebellion that V2 will have much more mainstream appeal than the original. At the time of this writing the “Kill Hitler” DLC is only being advertised as a pre-order bonus on consoles. While the developers have promised not to forget the PC crowd, even going so far as to pay from their own pocket to publish the PC edition, current indications are showing some console favoritism.
With the release date of 05/01/12 fast approaching, we expect to hear more news within the next few weeks.