This morning’s Nintendo Direct finally revealed a North American release date for 3DS tactical RPG Fire Emblem Awakening: February 4.
The game’s story begins in the land of Ilis, where Lord Chrom, leader of the Shepherd solider force, defends his realm from bandits. He’s joined by a cast of unique fighters, each with their own strengths, relationships, and so on. Eventually they encounter a warrior claiming to be the legendary Lord Marth. The game will feature 3D rendered animated movies to advance the story.
Aligning characters on the battlefield lets them fight and grow together. You can also forge weapons for an unprecedented level of customization.
RPG fans have been waiting for this game for a long time, and we’ll be looking forward to giving it a look over next year.
Check out more of today’s Nintendo Direct News:
- Wii U Library Will Double During the Launch Window
- Pikmin 3 Looks and Sounds Fantastic on Wii U, Delayed to Q2 2013
- LEGO City Undercover Coming Exclusively To Wii U “Early 2013″
- Kasumi, Momiji As Free DLC For Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
- Wii U Panorama View is Still a Real Thing
- Google Maps Support Coming to Wii U
- Game & Wario Includes 16 Mini-Games
- Wii Fit U Uses the “Fit Meter” to Take Your Routine Out of the Living Room
- Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon Exposed for Spring 2013
- Brain Age Concentration Training Dated for February 10
- Last Night’s New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC Course Packs Available Now
- Fight People With People in Tokyo Crash Mobs
- eShop Game Harmo Knight Coming From Creators of Pokémon