We’ve finally got our first look at the storyline of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon thanks to today’s Nintendo Direct presentation. The tale begins with Professor E. Gadd researching friendly ghosts in Evershade Valley, when suddenly the Dark Moon crystal shatters. This causes the ghosts to start going out of control and getting into mischief. Professor Gadd recruits Luigi once again to wield the Poltergust against the spectral threat.
The gameplay and puzzle solving is largely similar to the GameCube incarnation, but with improvements and novelties added to make it more appropriate for the Nintendo 3DS.
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is headed to 3DS in spring 2013.
Check out more of today’s Nintendo Direct News:
- Wii U Library Will Double During the Launch Window
- Pikmin 3 Looks and Sounds Fantastic on Wii U, Delayed to Q2 2013
- LEGO City Undercover Coming Exclusively To Wii U “Early 2013″
- Kasumi, Momiji As Free DLC For Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
- Wii U Panorama View is Still a Real Thing
- Google Maps Support Coming to Wii U
- Game & Wario Includes 16 Mini-Games
- Wii Fit U Uses the “Fit Meter” to Take Your Routine Out of the Living Room
- Brain Age Concentration Training Dated for February 10
- Fire Emblem Awakening Finally Launches in NA on Feb 4
- Last Night’s New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC Course Packs Available Now
- Fight People With People in Tokyo Crash Mobs
- eShop Game Harmo Knight Coming From Creators of Pokémon