Nintendo gave us our first look at new Pikmin 3 footage since E3 2012 in today’s Nintendo Direct, focusing on showing off the game’s lush visuals and sound. You’ll see small insects like butterflies flutter in the background as you travel, and enemies have never-before-seen levels of detail.
They also showed off new enemies, like a Giant Enemy Crab and a flying monster that will try to suck up your Pikmin. The video also confirmed that the cave areas introduced in Pikmin 2 will make a return.
Unfortunately, the game has been delayed to Q2 2013, meaning it won’t make the launch window.
Check out more of today’s Nintendo Direct News:
- Wii U Library Will Double During the Launch Window
- LEGO City Undercover Coming Exclusively To Wii U “Early 2013″
- Kasumi, Momiji As Free DLC For Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
- Wii U Panorama View is Still a Real Thing
- Google Maps Support Coming to Wii U
- Game & Wario Includes 16 Mini-Games
- Wii Fit U Uses the “Fit Meter” to Take Your Routine Out of the Living Room
- Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon Exposed for Spring 2013
- Brain Age Concentration Training Dated for February 10
- Fire Emblem Awakening Finally Launches in NA on Feb 4
- Last Night’s New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC Course Packs Available Now
- Fight People With People in Tokyo Crash Mobs
- eShop Game Harmo Knight Coming From Creators of Pokémon